Bible Verses for Couples: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7


I Believe...
Originally uploaded by Ange's photos
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrong doing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I normally read the King James version of the Bible, but sometimes it is helpful to read other versions. Replacing the word charity with the word love makes one reconsider the scripture. Charity, being the pure love of Christ, is what I think of for the world at large. Love is what I tell my wife everyday. When I tell my wife I love her, is this what I mean by love?

When I say I love you it means:
* I will be patient with you
* I will be kind to you
* I will not be envious but will rejoice with you
* I will not be arrogant but will be humble
* I will not be rude but will speak and act with kindness
* I will not insist upon having my own way but will seek our mutual happiness
* I will not be irritable or resentful but instead forgiving and good natured.
* I will stand by you.

Three little word: I love you. How do you know I love you, by how I treat you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Deal: Free Printable Valentine's Day Love Coupons

Marriage on Television

Don't stop flirting with each other