Why gripe?


A Droplet Of Time
Originally uploaded by MINDFLAME
I came across this quote:

My days of whining and complaining about others have come to an
end. Nothing is easier than fault finding. All it will do is discolor my
personality so that none will want to associate with me. That was my old life. No more.

Og Mandino

Thing is, my sweetie and I were just discussing complaining and what it does to a relationship. No one likes to listen to a complainer. People would much rather associate with positive people.

There are basically two types of things to gripe about: those you can control and those you can't. If you do not have any control over it, why complain? People do not like listening to gripes and it won't solve anything anyway. On the other hand, if you can fix it, why complain? Stop complaining and start acting.

It is too easy to find faults and to point them out. Rather, find things to praise and point them out. It might be much harder, but most things worth doing are difficult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Deal: Free Printable Valentine's Day Love Coupons

Marriage on Television

Don't stop flirting with each other