Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Getting the bugs out of your marriage: Budgetitis
- Finances are primary topic of arguments
- A feeling your spouse is spending you into financial ruin
- Tendency to "surprise spouse" with items such as a new car, boat, etc.
- Tendency to spend money to get back at your spouse
- One spouse has complete control of the budget, forcing the other spouse to account for all money spent.
- Plan and hold one or more yearly discussions on budget and financial priorities.
- Evenly apply compromise
- Exercise understanding and consideration of your spouse's values and background.
CAUTION: If irritation breaks out during discussion, discontinue treatment until tempers cool down. Then increase dosage of compromise and understanding.