We have attended several concerts and plays over the years including:
* A rock concert in the mountains
* The symphony playing as part of the 4th of July celebration
* Semi-professional plays presented in a mountain amphitheater
* Amateur plays in local parks
* Local bands playing in a plaza
Again this year there are lots of different events to choose from, with all sorts of price range. Many local events are free or inexpensive enough to bring the whole family. Others are more expensive and might be appropriate for a special occasion like an anniversary.
Some tips for attending outdoor events:
* Be prepared for changes in weather. The tempurature might start out hot and end fairly cool. A blanket, umbrella and jacket are always a good idea
* Bug repellent
* Some events allow lawn chairs, others do not. Find out in advance.
* Arrive early. Many outdoor events are first-come seating.
* Bring a deck of cards or other entertainment to pass the time while waiting for the event to begin
Step outside the box and enjoy some fine entertainment in the great outdoors. If you know of any inexpensive outdoor events that people might like to attend, add that information as a comment to this post.