As you may or may not know, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or Mormons) is a big supporter of families. For this reason, they have provided this website as a public service. It is just what it appears to be. There will not be any missionaries knocking on your door as a result of looking at this website. Feel free to look to take a look.
A sample follows:
Improve communication within your marriage
Children need parents who are happy in their relationship. Good communication with your spouse contributes to a healthy family environment.
Here are some things to consider:
- Keep problems private. When you need to discuss a serious concern with your spouse, do it Âbehind closed doors.Â
- Listen. Be patient and respectful while your spouse is speaking.
- Learn to negotiate. Remember that different perspectives can strengthen your relationship. Be willing to compromise.
- Keep talking. Openly discuss challenges and desires.
- A soft answer turneth away wrath (Proverbs 15:1). When voices are raised, problems become more complicated. A gentle response can bring peace.